Global Color and Additives
Wire & Cable
PolyOne Global Color and Additives Wire & Cable Capabilities
PolyOne is a global polymer solutions provider with the ability to meet regulatory and product specifi cations globally and offer the widest range of polymer-specific specialty colorant and additives systems on our OnColor™ and OnCap™ portfolios.
Solutions can be custom-designed to meet the most demanding performance and process requirements. In addition, PolyOne’s capabilities with high-fi ller content compounds, as well as color and additive concentrates, enable us to optimize your product or process, regardless of the demands of your application.
In addition, PolyOne can provide fl ame-retardant compounds, other specialty compounds and compounding services, Including:
• ECCOH™ low smoke and fume, zero halogen compounds, non-corrosive and highly fl ame-retardant
• OnFlex™ thermoplastic elastomers
• Syncure™ cross-linked polyethylene compounds (U.S. only)
• Maxxam™ polypropylene compounds
• Geon™ vinyl compounds
With our long history of providing high-quality products and total polymer solutions to the wire and cable industry, we are uniquely positioned as a single-source provider of customized solutions for polymer processors serving virtually any market.
OnColor™ Color Concentrates
PolyOne works with you to design color solutions for your specifi c applications, including your most demanding requirements for temperature, aging and shrinkage.
We offer color solutions for most resin types that meet or exceed all industry specifications including RAL840HR, IEC 304/BS 6746C, Afnor requirements as well as LSFOH (low smoke and fume, zero halogen compounds).
OnCap™ Performance Additive Concentrates
OnCap™ performance additives can be custom formulated for your specifi c applications to provide optimal solutions for ease of processing, product performance, and operational cost savings.
• Solutions like our OnCap™ Anti Rodent and Anti Termite additives enable you to produce product that repel these costly sources of fi eld failures.
• Smartbatch™ concentrates provide color and additive combinations in a single masterbatch. Examples include: color PE range with UV additives for jacketing coloration; colorPE range with Antioxidant & Metal Deactivator for XLPE insulation; and Antioxidant Black PE Smartbatch™.
• OnCap™ Antistatic additive provides a dissipative coating to minimize static electricity for safer handling and lower dust collection.
|Wire and Cable Industry Bulletin|