PolyOne understands that global consistency and support is critical for the automotive industry.
We are a global company with 40 years of experience working with automotive OEMs and the Tier supply base. This experience and our global reach mean that, as your partner, we can provide consistent solutions and support across your global network.
• Dedicated automotive sales and technical support
• Manufacturing resources on fi ve continents
• Continuing investment in global reach
Color and Special Effects
Our OnColor™ custom color and special effect technologies are compatible with a broad range of materials and are tailored for your unique requirements.
Using an unlimited pallet of transparent, translucent, or opaque shades coupled with special effects like pearlescence, metallic, granite, cast or brushed aluminum, PolyOne works with you to provide the ideal look; enabling you to reduce costs without compromising looks by using thermoplastics to:
• Replace painted surfaces
• Replace more expensive materials like fabric, leather, and metal
• Increase fuel effi ciency by reducing vehicle weight
• Reduce vehicle lifetime environmental impact
Our OnCap™ additives provide a full range of solutions that enable you to expand the use of thermoplastics without compromising vehicle safety and performance.
OnCap™ performance additives provide:
• UV protection for improved weathering performance
• Improved abrasion and impact resistance
• Increased fuel effi ciency by reducing part weight with our foaming additives
• Reduced material costs with our foaming additives
In addition, OnCap™ CTR process optimization solutions can help you improve operations by enabling increased production throughput, reduced or eliminated cooling operations, and improved dimensional stability of your products – thereby reducing scrap rates.
Global consistency with global support
PolyOne delivers on our commitment to serving the automotive industry with dedicated resources:
• A2LA-accredited color development laboratories assure rapid turnaround for product development requests
• Field technical engineers are available to visit customer plants to perform color-use audits and aid in scaling up and troubleshooting projects
• Color expertise available to coordinate color standards and OEM color harmony reviews
|Automotive Industry Bulletin|