With the introduction of the AO Series more than three decades ago, Akei established itself as one of the global leading suppliers of Extrusion Blow Molding (EBM) machines. This Series is comprised of the N and SN models. Both featuring the reliable and durable standard design of inclined columns transfer stroke as well as efficient clamping mechanism by applying pressure to the center of the carriage station. At a very affordable price the AO Series continues to be a popular choice amongst countless customers around the world.
All models in this Series are available in single or double station configuration for maximum output.
N SERIES :
AO-50N Single Station and AO-50N-TS Double Station EBM Machines
Equipped standard with a 50mm extruder unit for the semi-automatic production of non-standard products and a capacity of 2 liters in single-head configuration. This model is ideal for the production of small toys and other plastic parts. Different options are available in order to customize machine according to customers production requirements.
AO-70N Single Station and AO-70N-TS Double Station EBM Machines
Equipped standard with a 70mm extruder unit for the semi-automatic production of non-standard products and a n capacity of 5 liters in single-head configuration. This model is ideal for the production of medium size to,, and other plastic parts. Different options are available in order to customize machine according to customer's production requirements.
AO-80N Single Station and AO-80N-TS Double Station EBM Machines
Equipped standard with an 80mm extruder unit for the semi-automatic production of non-standard products and a capacity of 20liters in single-head configuration. This model is ideal for the production of large size toys, tool boxes, coolers, etc. Different options are available in order to customize machine according to customer's production requirements
AO-90N Single Station and AO-90N-TS Double Station EBM Machines
Equipped standard with a 90mm extruder unit for the semi-automatic production of non-standard products and a capacity of 30 liters in single-head configuration. This model is ideal for the production of large plastic parts maximum such as bus seats, water cooler stands, 20L to 30L ferry cans and other complex parts. Different options are available in order to customize machine according to customer's production requirements
AO-505N Single Station and AO-505N-TS Double Station EBM Machines
Equipped standard with a 50mm extruder unit for the automatic production of standard products and a maximum capacity of 2 liters in single-head configuration. This model is ideal for products ranging from 450m1 to 2L in the cosmetic or body care industry. Different options are available in order to customize machine according to customer's production requirements
AO-70SNSingle Station and AO-70SN-TS Double Station EBM Machines
Equipped standard with a 70mm extruder unit for the automatic production of standard products and a maximum capacity of 5 liters in single-head configuration. This model is ideal for products ranging from 750m1 to 5L in the body care, agrochemical and motor oil industry. Different options are available in order to customize machine according to customer's production requirements.
- Eurotherm® MACO COMPACT total control system.
- 12 inch Thin Film Transistors (TFT) touch screen.
- Easy to adjust hydraulic and pneumatic settings.
- Integrated heating, heat standby control and temperature alarms.
- Integrated pre-heat settings.
- Display of adjustable settings, time settings, movements’ status and more.
- Display and breakdown of total production cycle time.
- Automatic control of hydraulic temperature.
- Alarm log with possible cause of error indicated.
- Display all I/O status.
- Multiple security levels accessible by password only.
Extrusion Head Unit
- Three-point-front parison adjustment control.
- Advanced central feed extrusion, optimal flow channel design which results in faster color-change.
- Optionally head(s) can be configured with "view stripe" function and multi layer co-extrusion.
- Head(s) can be configured with up to 4 parisons depending on size of container and machine model.
- Anti-static bar available upon request.
- 100+ point parison control cylinder with TRANS-TEK® LVDT which allows for accurate control of parisons’ wall distribution (weight) (upgrade required/non-standard feature).
- Multiple heating zones evenly distributed throughout unit in order to efficiently maximize plasticizing capacity and avoid material deformation at this critical stage of the extrusion process.
- Heating zones’ cables are routed to an independent cabinet via multi pinplug sockets to minimize extrusion head changeover time.
- Extrusion head is made from bimetal 38CrMoAIA and stainless steel S136H. It is manufactured into shape inhouse at high precision CNC center in order to ensure highest quality and performance of this part.
- Equipped with Fuji® inverter (VFD) and SEW-EURODRIVE® parallel shaft helical gear motor. These components ensure the most efficient configuration which results in longevity of equipment, accuracy during extrusion process and easy access during maintenance process.
- The extruder barrel is made from 42CrMo steel alloy and its inner wall treated with powdered alloy casting. The extruder screw is also made from 42CrMo steel alloy and its surface is chrome plated while the ridges are treated with sprayed nickel alloy. The extruder screw design has been developed in order to maximize plasticizing volume and ensure uniform mix during melting process.
- Multiple heat zones and cooling fans allow independent heating and cooling. Precision control of heating with PID and PWM precision temperature control modules for centralized heating control.
- Throat feed zone equipped with water cooling system in order to prevent overheating.
- Equipped with screw ejecting device for easy screw dissembling.
- Back pressure gauge located on extruder unit flange as an enhanced safety feature (upgrade required/nonstandard feature).
- Rear-platform lift slightly increases production output as well as provides more height clearance for adjusting head.
Clamps & Carriages
- Transfer stroke on inclined columns, clamping stroke on horizontal columns. Each column slides on indented rolled bronze bushings. All columns are made from chromeplated C45 steel.
- Mold opening and closing sequences are safeguarded by a contact switch in order to ensure accuracy of each motion.
- Equipped with clamp synchronizing rack mechanism to ensure smooth runs on mold opening/closing sequences.
- Deceleration valve reduces consumption of energy during carriages' transfer motion.
- Multiple options of parison cutting system: hot or cold with prepinch welding, hot blade or "jab" system.
- Standard quick-mold-change features available upon request.
- Independent Dwyer® gauges for flow adjustment of parison support air and parison decompression.
- Festo® pneumatic controls.
- FESTO® or SMC® cylinders.
- Directional valve regulates blowing and exhaust sequences.
- Blowpin movements are actuated by Vickers® directional hydraulic valves.
- Stations are equipped with an interchangeable "T" plate, fitted with three point adjustable blow pin holder for ease of centering as well as adjustable for angled-neck production.
- Water-cooled, double-wall design blowpins for rapid venting.
- Equipped with photoelectric sensors to ensure continuous accuracy of up and down movements.
- Pneumatic robot arms.
- Robot arms deliver containers to each side of the machine, ready to place them standing up on a conveyor.
- Pneumatic robot arms actuated by Festo® or SMC® cylinders and regulated by solenoid directional valves.
- Vickers® decelerator valves, directional valves and main system vane pump.
- KAMUI FS® water-cooled heat exchanger in order to maintain hydraulic oil at optimal working temperatures.
- Hydraulic oil pre-heat feature and automatic temperature control available upon request.
- Independent hydraulic power pack unit for 100+ point parison control cylinder (upgrade required/non-standard feature).
- Deflash movements actuated by pneumatic cylinders.
- Post cooling of products’ top and tail scraps prior to punch off.
- Post-cooling stations equipped with circulating air and water blow pins (upgrade required/non-standard feature).
- Schneider® or GE Fuji® VFD.
- Schneider® AC contactor.
- Schneider® thermal overload protection relays.
- ABB® circuit breakers.
- Carlo Gavazzi solid state relays and auxiliary relays.
- Eurotherm® MACO COMPACT or BECKHOFF® integrated industrial PC unit.
- MingWei® DC power supply
- Electrical cabinet equipped with cooling fans to regulate temperature. Optionally air conditioner unit can be installed for improved cooling.
- Wrap around conveyor to deliver finished bottles in a single lane to either side of machine.
- Top and tail scrap is collected via a horizontal conveyor then transferred to a second inclined conveyor for easy collection or into an in line grinder.
- Metal detector device placed on scrap conveyor (upgrade required/non-standard feature).
- Alternative gripper-type conveyor can be supplied for products with uneven bases or in cases where the finished product must be transported to a higher level area (upgrade required/non-standard feature).
- Manual lubrication pump. Automatic lubrication regulated by total control system available upon request.
- All coated parts are shot-blasted before paint application or anodizing. Texture paint is applied for machine framework and large parts. Whenever possible, mechanical parts are anodized for improved corrosion resistance.
- Increased Visibility: LED light panels are distributed throughout the front and rear sections of the machine in order to maximize visibility for the operator during actual production and/or maintenance procedures.
- Spin trimmer, leak tester, orientation device, in-mold labeling, packing robots and any other ancillary equipment necessary for a turn-key operation are available upon request.